Using the interface
Using the API
Coupons in Hyperline are a way to offer discounts to your customers.
Coupons can be offered as a fixed amount or a percentage of a given price.
Coupons can only be applied when assigning a subscription. They are a way to offer a discount on a subscription amount and will be applied to the subscription invoice right away.
To offer discounts to your customers out of the context of a subscription (one-time payments), you can add free credits to their wallets. Learn how to add credits to wallets.
How to create coupons
To create a new coupon, go to the Coupons section and click on + New coupon.
Then fill-up the following information:
- Name: the coupon’s name (try to use simple, clear names)
- Description: the description is for internal use only and is not required to create a coupon
- Choose if you want to create a fixed amount or a percentage discount
- Choose the amount or the value of the coupon
- Redemption deadline: set up a deadline if you want your coupon to become invalid after a specific date
- Redemption limit: set up a limit if you want your coupon to be used only a specific amount of times
Click on Create new coupon once you are done.
Your new coupon will appear instantly.
From here, you can edit or delete it by clicking on the three-dot-menu at the top-right of the line.
Once you created coupons, you can apply them to customers.
To do so, go to Customer, then to Subscription, and click on Assign new subscription. In the process, you will be asked if you wish to add a coupon.
Choose your coupon from the list and click on Next.
It is currently not possible to use a coupon on an existing subscription. Coupons can only be applied to new subscriptions.